Monday, November 30, 2009

Connections

I've spent only a small amount of time today reading "The Conversations: Walter Murch and the Art of Editing Film" by Michael Ondaatje and I find myself enthralled with it and angry that I didn't spend more time with it. I borrowed the book from my Film & Formal Analysis instructor, Dr. Heidi Kenaga, at Oakland University and I have to return it to her today.

It's really quite fascinating reading about Mr. Murch and his interactions and friendships with George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppula. It's even more interesting to put that into perspective with my friends, all of whom are creative, and most of which have inspired & pushed me.

Maxx and I have collaborated on many ideas, and I'm fairly sure there will be many more in the future. But it's fascinating to think that our friendship is of a similar nature, in some respects, as those of Murch, Lucas, and Coppula. Will there some day be a book chronicling our ventures, skills, and friendship?

No comments:

Post a Comment