Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mounting Confusion

Last year, for various reasons, I moved back to my home town of Detroit, Michigan, from the Los Angeles area. One of the key reasons being that I wanted to be here with my family as and after I went through my divorce.

For the most part, I've enjoyed being back though I miss my Cally friends, and do little other than sit in my house. I'm now in the process of getting enrolled at Oakland University, but I'm really beginning to feel like I don't belong here either.

Almost from the moment I got here, I've run into one problem or another, and I'm currently jobless, broke, and without any prospects. On the other hand, thank God, I don't have a car payment, and I don't have to worry about my next meal or the roof over my head.

Still, I'm beginning to think that it's time for me to move on. I'm not going back to L.A., but I don't know where else I could go. I haven't yet committed myself to leaving, but I'm finding it hard to want to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment