Friday, October 30, 2009

Thank God for Our Daily Miracles

How many times have you sincerely thanked God recently? I am firmly of the opinion that when something good in your life happens, you should thank Him. I'm not just talking about the big stuff; I mean a lot of the little miracles he blesses us with on a daily basis.

Take, for example, the relatively insignificant event of me pulling into my school's parking lot this morning, and finding a spot quickly. This is a routine and otherwise unremarkable event. Or is it? While I prefer to park in Oakland University's Lot 1, it is the most common lot for people to park in, so it's usually quite full as it was this morning. In fact, it's usually so full that I usually don't try to find a spot there any more, and settle for Lot 3 further away. But today, I entered the lot, made a few turns that I didn't particularly want to make, and found a large spot staring me in the face. Despite the numerous other cars circling the lot looking for a space, one was presented to me uncontested and quickly. While this was an world changing event, it was just another one of God's daily miracles.

This isn't the only example; take those occasions when you happen to have just enough money for something you spontaneously decided to buy. Or perhaps when some stranger willingly helps you when you need it the most, and doesn't even wait for a "thank you." There are miracles in our lives daily, we just have to learn to see them for what they are. Then when you do recognize God's hand in your life, if only for that brief, insignificant moment, tell Him "thank you", and mean it from the bottom of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment